Essential oils are the pure and natural way to lose weight. Essential oils can be used to support healthy weight loss and promote total well-being during the physical and emotional changes that accompany it.
Over the past 20 years obesity has ready epidemic proportions in the U.S. Not only adults, but kids and teenagers are showing increased rates of obesity. Some of the health risks include:
-high blood pressure (hypertension)
-some cancers (breast, colon, endometrial)
This article may contain affiliate links.This means that–at no extra cost to you–I can make a commission on a purchase you make.
How can essential oils help you lose weight?
This includes having more energy to exercise and less desire to eat sugary foods. People who are tired are generally more likely to reach for unhealthy snacks or fast food that can provide an instant sugar rush.
Some essential oils may also help:
- reduce anxiety
- relieve tension
- reduce feelings of depression
- ease aches and pains in the body
- improve digestion
- curb food cravings
- energize your workout
- correct cellulite
- correct stretch marks
One option is as a appetite suppressant which is diffused into the air.
Lemon 10 drops
Sweet Orange 10 drops
Patchouli 1 drop
Blend the essential oils into your diffuser
Although essential oils are generally seen as safe to use, there are a few things you should keep in mind.
Essential oils shouldn’t be ingested. These oils are super potent, and even a few drops can cause you to experience severe gastrointestinal discomfort. If you do ingest essential oil and have an adverse reaction, seek medical assistance.
Never use undiluted essential oil, as it may cause inflammation and irritation. You should always do a patch test to determine how your skin will react to the diluted essential oil.
If you are pregnant or nursing, be sure to consult with your doctor before use.
These Glazed Cranberry-Orange Muffins are perfectly moist, soft and the exact right balance of sweet and tart.
They are just perfect!
- Perfectly moist…thanks to the yogurt in the batter.
- Perfectly soft…thanks to the butter in the batter.
- Perfectly flavored…thanks to the orange and the cranberry.
- Perfectly sweet-tart balanced…thanks to the right balance of sugar and tart fresh cranberries.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 drops Orange Vitality or Tangerine Vitality essential oil
- 1 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp orange juice
- 1 drop Orange Vitality or Tangerine Vitality essential oil
Preheat oven to 400 F. Spray 12 muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray, or line with paper or silicone baking cups.
In a stand mixer or large mixing bowl, cream the butter and then add the sugars, eggs, yogurt and vanilla and mix together. Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and mix until thick batter forms.
In a small bowl or measuring cup, add the milk and 2 drops of Orange or Tangerine essential oil. Pour the milk-oils into the batter and mix until smooth.
Gently fold in the fresh cranberries. Spoon into the prepared muffin tin and bake in the preheated oven for 22 to 24 minutes, or until muffins in the middle have cooked through. (If each muffin tin is really full from the batter, you might want to place the muffin tin on a baking sheet, in case the fresh cranberry juice spills over the edge. You don’t want it to burn on the bottom of your oven and make a smoky mess!)
Prepare the glaze in a small bowl by mixing the powdered sugar, milk, orange juice and Orange or Tangerine essential oil together. Add a little more powdered sugar until reaches desired glaze consistency.
Let the muffins cool some before glazing and serving.
Serve the Perfect Cranberry-Orange Muffins for breakfast or snack.
Serving: 1muffin | Calories: 250kcal
Source: recipes with essential oils
Here is a recipe that you can use to replace the harmful chemicals that you have in your home currently. Instead you can use all natural Essential Oils to freshen your home!
Natural Freshening Spray:
Glass Spray Bottle
1/2 cup water
4 drops lavender
4 drops bergamot
Mix together and spray bedding, carpet, clothing any area that needs some “freshening up”
Arthritis symptoms vary depending on the type of arthritis; many sufferers experience joint pain, stiffness, and a debilitating loss of range of motion. While many people with arthritis are past middle age, there are some forms of the disease that strike younger people, including juveniles.
DETOXIFYING ARTHRITIS BATH
Makes 14 Treatments
Toxins complicate arthritis, and detoxifying essential oils such as cypress, fennel, and juniper can bring rapid relief. Do not use any other arthritis treatments for the two weeks that you use this bath, even those containing essential oils. Do not use this remedy if you have broken skin or are prone to rashes.
30 drops fennel essential oil
16 drops cypress essential oil
10 drops juniper essential oil
2 handfuls epsom salts
1 handful dead sea or rock salt
- In a dark colored glass bottle, add the fennel, cypress, and juniper esesential oils, and shake well to blend.
- While the water is running, add the epsom and dead sea salts to the bathtub followed by 4 drops of the essential oil blend
- Soak for at least 15 minutes.
- Repeat this treatment once a day for 2 weeks. Store the bottle in a cool, dark place between uses.
SOOTHING PEPPERMINT MASSAGE OIL
Makes 60 Treatments
Peppermint essential oil alleviates the pain and inflammation that accompanies arthritis. Use this soothing massage oil as often as needed to bring fast relief, naturally.
3 1/2 ounces carrier oil
60 drops peppermint essential oil(other choices:ginger, eucalyptus, or thyme)
- In a dark colored glass bottle, add the carrier oil and the peppermint essential oil, and shake well to blend.
- Allow the massage oil to sit unused for 4 days.
- Using your fingertips, apply 1 to 3 drops of the blend to each affected area.
- Repeat this treatment as needed. Store the bottle in a cool, dark place between uses.
Source:Essential oils natural remedies
Red eyes, sneezing, a runny nose, itchiness, and even hives, eczema, and asthma attacks can accompany allergies. Seasonal allergies, including allergies to various molds and pollens, happen all throughout the year for some sufferers, and pet allergies can happen at home or when a sufferer comes into contact with domestic animals such as dogs, cats, and horses.
Makes 20 to 30 treatments
Lavender, lemon, and peppermint essential oils ease inflammation while bolstering the immune system to make allergies less problematic. This mist has an appealing fragrance and may be used several times daily.
4 ounces purified water
30 drops lavender essential oil
30 drops lemon essential oil
30 drops peppermint essential oil
- In a dark colored glass spray bottle, add the water along with the lavender, lemon and peppermint essential oils, and shake well to blend.
- Spray this blend throughout any indoor spaces where allergy sufferers spend time.
- Repeat this treatment as needed. Shake the bottle before each use.
Source:Essential Oils Natural Remedies
This video is to show new Young Living Distributors what they can expect in their Premium Starter Kits! I live in Canada, sometimes there is a slight change of one of the Essential Oils included in the kit. If you are thinking of joining Young Living please feel free to reach out to me! Here is the website to get you started: www.myyl.com/lisamaslykhealth
I recently went through a tough emotional week. My mother in law passed away, and all the emotions that go with that took me right down. As a rule, I am a pretty happy upbeat person, for some reason when I lose a love one I grieve hard, even with my faith.
I was tired of being sad and slightly depressed for over 6 days. I would cry easily and didn’t have much energy, so unlike my usual self.
I turned to essential oils to break my mood. Here are some great suggestions to break your depressive mood!
- Bergamot Oil. Bergamot can create a feeling of joy, freshness and energy by improving the circulation of your blood. Its very stimulating and also is a natural remedy for anxiety.
- Lavender Oil helps alleviate your anxiety and battle depression.
- Roman Chamomile is great for fighting stress and promoting relaxation. Also very popular in candle and other aromatherapy products like tea.
- Ylang Ylang has immediate and positive effects on your mood and act like a mild remedy for depression, is mildly sedative.
To lift my mood immediately I put the oils in my diffuser and on my feet and ankles. I was amazed how quickly my mood began to rise, and I was beginning to feel like my old self again! Next time you are feeling low, try reaching for one of these essential oils instead and see how this wonderful, God given medicine can help you!
To Shop or join my Essential Oils team please click here: www.myyl.com/lisamaslykhealth
3 Cups of Chilled Watermelon
1 Cup of Coconut Water
1 Drop of Young Living Lime Essential Oil
1 Sprig of Fresh Mint
Ice to chill
Blend watermelon, coconut water and oil together. Pour over ice in glass add a sprig of mint and enjoy!
The outdoors and Citronella essential oil go hand in hand! A relative of Lemongrass, Citronella has a slight citrus scent that is inviting and pleasant. It is steam distilled from the leafy parts of the citronella plant. It has a fresh, welcoming aroma that is commonly used in many outdoor candles, sprays, lotions, and other camping and outdoor essentials. Get the power of Citronella, without the harmful synthetics found in commercial products, from the essential oil! Citronella is a versatile product that can be easily implemented into your beauty routine or used to refresh your indoor and outdoor spaces.
How can you use Citronella?
• Apply it topically before and during outdoor activities.
• Use Citronella’s bright scent to sweeten a custom fragrance.
• Apply it topically to refresh and moisturize skin.
• Use it as an alternative to deodorant. Combine with Tea Tree essential oil for extra strength.
• Diffuse Citronella around your home.
• Combine it with a carrier oil and apply topically to knees, ankles, and legs before a hike or going outdoors
• Add it to your bath at the end of a busy day.
For more information click on my link Http://www.myyl.com/lisamaslykhealth
Last night I was on set for a show that is filming here in Winnipeg. My call time was 1215 am, and I was cut at 5 am in the morning. Let me tell you, it can be hard on your body and your health. Here are my tips for staying healthy on set:
- Drink lots of water
- Bring some of your own healthy snacks
- Get out of the holding/trailer and go for a walk, just not too far so they can find you.
- Bring a book
- Bring your phone and headphones so you can tune out and listen to music or a podcast
- Bring several layers of clothing the temperature can change quickly in the time you are there.
- Use essential oils to invigorate you, or relax you as need be!
- Enjoy yourself! Whether you are there for background or a role, it should be fun and not too stressful. If you aren’t enjoying it don’t do it! Its a choice you get to make for your life. I personally love it, and love the craziness and constant change of the movie life!
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me! Lisa.email@example.com