Last night I was on set for a show that is filming here in Winnipeg. My call time was 1215 am, and I was cut at 5 am in the morning. Let me tell you, it can be hard on your body and your health. Here are my tips for staying healthy on set:
- Drink lots of water
- Bring some of your own healthy snacks
- Get out of the holding/trailer and go for a walk, just not too far so they can find you.
- Bring a book
- Bring your phone and headphones so you can tune out and listen to music or a podcast
- Bring several layers of clothing the temperature can change quickly in the time you are there.
- Use essential oils to invigorate you, or relax you as need be!
- Enjoy yourself! Whether you are there for background or a role, it should be fun and not too stressful. If you aren’t enjoying it don’t do it! Its a choice you get to make for your life. I personally love it, and love the craziness and constant change of the movie life!
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me! Lisa.firstname.lastname@example.org